"7" in a PSoC part number

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DanMeeks
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Is CY8C4014SXI7-420 a valid part number? The 7 in there is not in the data sheet - what does it mean, or does it mean that it's not a good part? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @DanMeeks ,

These MPNs are valid and you can go ahead with the purchase of the same.
The data sheet of these parts are the same as that of CY8C4014SXI-420 .

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AlenAn14

Hi @DanMeeks ,

The part number convention for PSoC 4 (page 24 of PSoC 4000 family datasheet) details that the temperature range field ( 'I' for Industrial here) will always be followed by '-' and not a number as you have mentioned.
Please verify visually on the IC if possible that the part number on the IC is the same as the one you have mentioned here (that is the '7' included) and let us know the same.

PS: CY8C4014SXI-420 is a valid PSoC4 device found in the cypress 

0 Likes
DanMeeks
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

We have not seen a physical part. The CM is asking me to approve this part based on what their supplier has told them. So the supplier is telling the CM that the "7" represents some sort of prototype part. Apparently the 7 does appear on the part, this is what the supplier was telling the CM, not to worry about the 7. 

It is odd, if someone was trying to sell a counterfeit part, first of all a counterfeit micro doesn't make senses as it will be quite obvious when you try to program it. But if it's not a legit part, why would they put the 7 on it?

I am going to tell the CM not to purchase these unless I get some confirmation from Cypress that they are actually good parts.

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @DanMeeks ,

These MPNs are valid and you can go ahead with the purchase of the same.
The data sheet of these parts are the same as that of CY8C4014SXI-420 .

Hope this helps.

0 Likes