program alphanumeric display with button

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in a work placement and my tutor gave me a project which is to write a program for an 16x2 alphanumeric display with four button (one to ON/OFF and the others three to print different messages). He told me to use the CY8CKIT-042 but I've never used a Cypress before that, only Arduino Uno Rev 3. I know that their language are very similar to the C, but all the functions that I use oftenly with Arduino don't work (like "delay" or "pause" and "wait" for the BASIC and "sleep" don't work neither) so I'm a bit lost. I just wanted to know, what's the function for a delay and for the initialisation of the pins for the LCD.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your answers.

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Alex Here is a program that will work on your Pioneer board Cy8CKIT-042. I like to use a LCD library that allows you to use any port on the chip instead of using only one port.  This program prints Cypress on one line and Perform on the next line.  As for the switches you would need to monitor 3 inputs and then print out the text for each when the switch is pressed. I am sending you a CapSense  buttons program to study.  You would need to merge this into your LCD program to be able to use the buttons. Good luck on the programming.  Welcome to the Cypress Forum.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Alex here are some video training information for the PSOC http://www.cypress.com/blog/psoc-creator-news-and-information/new-psoc-video-series-sample-projects. You can learn a lot by watching these videos.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Here is a PDF that explains how to use the GPIO pins of the device.  I am also sending you a program that explains how to use switch inputs. I am sending you all the programs that are in the PDF examples for you to study! Enjoy the coding and the PSOC!!

0 Likes