capsense manual tuning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
saurabh
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I have been trying to use capsense functionality on a 10 key panel. The complete functioning worked well on 4 key module but as I used 10 key panel along with capsense functioning similar to 4 key panel, the touch was causing certain effect on other buttons which were in idle state and caused state change. To solve the issue, I used manual tuning method which resulted fine but now I am unable to get any detection when I test the capsense over a glass of 10mm. Any suggesstion would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @saurabh 

Can you please share the tuner waveform? Please note that when the overlay changes, the sensors need to be re-tuned for a good sensing operation. You may have to 

1. Change the Finger Threshold and Noise threshold such that the sensor signal is ON whenever we touch the sensor.

2. In case the signal level is very small, the resolution of the sensors need to be increased. This would increase the signal levels and provide reliable sensing data. 

Please try this with the tuner interface and ensure a 5:1 sensitivity when the sensors are touched. This can also be measured directly in CapSense tuner. 

Best regards, 
Hari 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @saurabh 

Can you please share the tuner waveform? Please note that when the overlay changes, the sensors need to be re-tuned for a good sensing operation. You may have to 

1. Change the Finger Threshold and Noise threshold such that the sensor signal is ON whenever we touch the sensor.

2. In case the signal level is very small, the resolution of the sensors need to be increased. This would increase the signal levels and provide reliable sensing data. 

Please try this with the tuner interface and ensure a 5:1 sensitivity when the sensors are touched. This can also be measured directly in CapSense tuner. 

Best regards, 
Hari 

0 Likes