USB on 4200L

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to implement USB on my PSOC4 CY8C4247AZI-L475 device. The board is powered from USB through a 3.3V regulator. And the USB data lines are directly connected to the PSOC4. I'm loading the example project USBFS_HID01 and change the processor to the one i'm using. But when i program the device the USB is not working. Device manager doesn't detect a new device. Is there something I have to set up additionaly or could it be related to windows drivers.

Kind regards,

Corné@@

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

We assume that you are using custom board and not PSoC Development kit. Did you take care of the VBUS pin? The USB PHY is powered by the VBUS power pad of the PSoC device. The VBUS pad can be driven either by the host VBUS (bus-powered) or by external supply (self-powered).

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

At the beginning of the main() function of the example project USBFS_HID there is an initialization sequence with a 2nd argument "USBFS_5V_OPERATION"

GS003217.png

Please try "USBFS_3V_OPERATION" for the 2nd argument.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention that I already tried changing that argument.

Corné

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

We assume that you are using custom board and not PSoC Development kit. Did you take care of the VBUS pin? The USB PHY is powered by the VBUS power pad of the PSoC device. The VBUS pad can be driven either by the host VBUS (bus-powered) or by external supply (self-powered).

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That did the trick, thanks!

I thought the VBUS was only used for detection, and since VBUS Monitoring was disabled in the configuration of the USBFS I thought it was redundant.

0 Likes