Trying to follow videos but have "PSoc creator 3.3" instead of "PSoc creator 3.2"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoLo_1693126
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hello,

I hope I posted in the right forum.

I recently purchased the CY8CKIT-042BLE kit and tried following the videos on:

http://www.cypress.com/training/how-make-ios-app-control-robot-using-bluetooth-low-energy-ble

​However, on lesson 2, they use PSOC 3.2 and I downloaded PSOC 3.3.  So when Alan creates a new project, my pop-up is different than his.

Not sure what to select on the first pop-up when creating a new project.

thanks,

Joseph

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Joseph!

You may choose from your -042 Kit the PSoC or PRoc module as indicated in the attached picture to start off. You later may choose a pre-populated or an empty design which you will need to populate with the components you need. When you are not yet used to PSoCs I would suggest you to start with PSoC introductions (from the start page there are a lot of program examples to select) and leave out the BLE concept until you are a bit (ro byte 😉 more familar how designing works.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Joseph!

You may choose from your -042 Kit the PSoC or PRoc module as indicated in the attached picture to start off. You later may choose a pre-populated or an empty design which you will need to populate with the components you need. When you are not yet used to PSoCs I would suggest you to start with PSoC introductions (from the start page there are a lot of program examples to select) and leave out the BLE concept until you are a bit (ro byte 😉 more familar how designing works.

Bob

0 Likes
JoLo_1693126
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the response. I don't have any kits listed. See attached. 

In looking at the quick start guide (001-64494, Rev. *M), it states, "Select a kit if it is installed, or select a specific Target device."  Since I do not see any kits, I assume it isn't "installed". If so, how do I install it so that I see it listed in the PSoC Creator 3.3?

thanks in advance

Joseph

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Follow this link and go down to "Related Files". Download and install the "Kit only" archive.

(I found the above link by entering "CY8CKIT-042BLE" into the keyword field right at top of this page)

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the link.  Just to help others, when I tried to download: CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit Only Package (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples), it states I need CYSMART version X and for me to download that, they recommend downloading: CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit Complete Setup (Kit Design Files, PSoC Creator 3.3, CySmart,PSoC Programmer, Documentation, Examples) .

I downloaded the complete Setup, since this includes the CySmart.  

I can now see my kit on the list.

Thanks Bob!  

And now for my other new issues =). See new post.  Thanks