Touchpad / Trackpad complete Screen covering problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaMa_1051561
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Dear All,

I have developed the software for the Touchpad. when i move finger from one edge to other edge It doesn't cover complete screen (It depends on how fast we move the finger, for the same speed my laptop touchpad covers 70 to 80% screen). I observed X & Y Axis Data it is in the range of max 40 to 50 (using  CapSense_GetXYCoordinates() API). As the X & Y ranges from -127 to 127 , the data should be expected in this range. 

I have used CSD sensing mode for 7Rows  X 9 Columns. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @JaMa_1051561,

The "maximum x-axis position" and "maximum y-axis position" may be increased to a higher value than the current values to have wide coverage. These are available in CapSense configurator->Advanced tab->Widget details->select trackpad widget and the widget/sensor parameters will be displayed. It should be noted that this would result in the response being less linear.

Ballistic multiplier of position filter parameters is used for an improved experience of pointer movement. Speed threshold determines the "fast movement". During fast movement, the acceleration and speed coefficients will be used to calculate the final filtered displacement (dPosFiltered) and during slow movement, the speed coefficient will be used. Speed thresholds can be set specific to X-axis and to Y-axis. These parameters will help to achieve the desired response.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @JaMa_1051561,

The "maximum x-axis position" and "maximum y-axis position" may be increased to a higher value than the current values to have wide coverage. These are available in CapSense configurator->Advanced tab->Widget details->select trackpad widget and the widget/sensor parameters will be displayed. It should be noted that this would result in the response being less linear.

Ballistic multiplier of position filter parameters is used for an improved experience of pointer movement. Speed threshold determines the "fast movement". During fast movement, the acceleration and speed coefficients will be used to calculate the final filtered displacement (dPosFiltered) and during slow movement, the speed coefficient will be used. Speed thresholds can be set specific to X-axis and to Y-axis. These parameters will help to achieve the desired response.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
JaMa_1051561
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Dear Nikhil Sir @ncbs ,

Thank you for the reply.

As you suggested I made the changes and I got expected result.

Regards,

Jagdish