Sensos-Status doesn't get back to zero

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
leko_4405711
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I'm Using the CY8CKIT-041-41XX PSoC 4100S touchpad and I have a problem with the sensor-Status getting stuck, if I touch the Sensor for to long.

And also if I use HF nearby, the sensor status sometimes doesn't return to zero or it takes a long time. I think it's because the rawcounts are still a lot higher than baseline.

So with no touch the values (Graph view, SenseTuner) are:

raw count: 54,430 -54,390

baseline: 54,390

after touch:

rawcount: 54,580-54,720

baseline: 54,415

(My widgit threshold Parameters are: FT:110; NT: 60; NNT:60; Low baseline reset:255, Hysteresis: 5, On debounce: 2, I use the 5x5 centroid type and activated the Jitter Filter. Also I tried it with the IIR Filter)

Do you know which settings I have to change, so the sensor status returns to zero right after unhanding the sensor?

Thanks in advance,

len

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello leko_4405711

In the configure CapSense window, under the Advanced tab, there is an option for "Enable sensor auto-reset". Please select this option and it will cause the baseline to be updated always.

Please note that long press will not work if this feature is enabled since the baseline tracks raw counts.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and regards

Harigovind

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello leko_4405711

In the configure CapSense window, under the Advanced tab, there is an option for "Enable sensor auto-reset". Please select this option and it will cause the baseline to be updated always.

Please note that long press will not work if this feature is enabled since the baseline tracks raw counts.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and regards

Harigovind

0 Likes