Running AN91184 on a CYCKIT-042-BLE-A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jihe_298791
Level 2
Level 2

Rookie question here. I just got a CYCKIT-042-BLE-A.

The baseboard says “CYCKIT-042-BLE-A PIONEER BASEBOARD” and has a CY8C5868LTI-LP039 installed on it.

The plug-in module has a CY8C4248LQI-BL583.

With AN91184, which processor am I programming: the baseboard’s CY8C5868LTI-LP039 or the module’s CY8C4248LQI-BL583. AN91184 discusses hardware connections to the baseboard but has BLE which is only on the plug-in module. What am I not understanding?

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

You will always be programming the PSoC 4 BLE module ( CY8C4248LQI-BL583 device) . The CY8C5868LTI-LP039 chip is a PSoC 5LP device, that has KitProg firmware, used as an onboard programmer or debugger, and for the USB-Serial interface.

KitProg is the hardware/firmware block for onboard programming, debugging, and bridge functionality. It is a common reusable hardware/firmware block used across many Cypress kit platforms. It consists of a PSoC 5LP, which connects to the computer over an USB interface and connects to the PSoC 4 BLE device over SWD, I2C, and UART pins. The KitProg communicates with PSoC Programmer and PSoC Creator software to program/debug the target PSoC 4 BLE over the SWD interface. The main advantage of an onboard programmer/ debugger is that users do not have to buy an extra programmer/debugger hardware.

Kindly refer to the user guide for the kit for more information on this.

https://www.cypress.com/file/234851/download

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

You will always be programming the PSoC 4 BLE module ( CY8C4248LQI-BL583 device) . The CY8C5868LTI-LP039 chip is a PSoC 5LP device, that has KitProg firmware, used as an onboard programmer or debugger, and for the USB-Serial interface.

KitProg is the hardware/firmware block for onboard programming, debugging, and bridge functionality. It is a common reusable hardware/firmware block used across many Cypress kit platforms. It consists of a PSoC 5LP, which connects to the computer over an USB interface and connects to the PSoC 4 BLE device over SWD, I2C, and UART pins. The KitProg communicates with PSoC Programmer and PSoC Creator software to program/debug the target PSoC 4 BLE over the SWD interface. The main advantage of an onboard programmer/ debugger is that users do not have to buy an extra programmer/debugger hardware.

Kindly refer to the user guide for the kit for more information on this.

https://www.cypress.com/file/234851/download

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes