Recommended by our customer support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I want your suggestions and recommendation regarding to choose which one of your development kit.

I want some bluetooth development kit which has long range and consume lesser battery.

Basically, I want beacon as an slave and development kit module as an master.

I want beacon to send the location coordinates to master / development kit and then development kit will send the location message to it's UART port that I can see on putty or terminal software.

Please give me some suggestion that which of your module or whole development kit can fullfill my needs? I am not a embedded software developer so that is why I need to some kit which is easily understandable and in which I can easily do changes.

Looking forward to your reply.

Br,

Usman.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Usman,

What is the range that you are expecting? Our BLE modules support a range of about a range of 30 m and our extended range BLE modules support upto 400 m range.

If you need a longer range, you will have to go for our Wifi Modules.

http://www.cypress.com/products/wireless-connectivity

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Well the Ble devices are limited in range due to the design specs.  I would use a wireless /wifi as it has a longer range.  Also you would need a GPS module to provide the Location information.  Once you have the WIFI device you could get the data from any where in the world.  IF you want to use the Ble kit I would. use CY8CKIT-042-BLE Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) Pioneer Kit. It has a good range outside of a building.  It comes with two Ble modules and one Ble USB Dongle that connects to your computer and a motherboard that allows interfacing with Arduino shields modules. There is a video library for training. http://www.cypress.com/video-library/USB-and-Wireless

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Our company needs that we put location information in each beacon by our self.

Beacon will just send the data or location data and other module will receive it show it on the terminal software by sending data through UART port.

Please recommend us your best module and if already such example has been done so please lets us know.

You can also call me on +385407067589.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Usman,

What is the range that you are expecting? Our BLE modules support a range of about a range of 30 m and our extended range BLE modules support upto 400 m range.

If you need a longer range, you will have to go for our Wifi Modules.

http://www.cypress.com/products/wireless-connectivity

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes