Question about UDB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sang-Min
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi, 

When I see the datasheet of PSoC. normally. it shows that UDB is 4 or 8.  what is this UDB4 means? and how we define capability of UDB for usage? 

Sang-Min. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

When you build a project, PSoC Creator will generate a report. To access it, go in the Workspace Explorer in the PSoC Creator (on the left side). There are some tabs on the vertical line. Pick the "Results" tab. Open the *.RPT file. It shows how the UDBs are being used.

Alternatively, you can go to View > Resource Meter. One of the items is related to the UDBs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sang-Min
Level 1
Level 1

To be clear my question, I know what UDB is. what I want to know is how we know this UDB capability? 

0 Likes
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Sang-Min,

Could you clarify what do you mean by UDB capability?

If you are referring to the datasheet -> ordering information, it mentions the number of UDB blocks available in that device.
eg: CY8C4247AZI-M485 -> has 4 UDB blocks present

ncbs_0-1634195800193.png

Explore the architecture technical reference manual of the device being used by you. Head to the Universal Digital Blocks (UDBs) chapter. This chapter provides a detailed explanation about UDBs, their structure and their working.
eg: 4200M architecture technical reference manual - chapter 16.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
Sang-Min
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your comments for my questions.  Due to my limited English, It needs more explanation. 

You know, when we choose CPLD, we could check how many macro cell it has. 

As I know, this UDB is kind of PLD. so I'd like to know how user know UDB capacity.  

Thanks, 

Sang-Min

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

When you build a project, PSoC Creator will generate a report. To access it, go in the Workspace Explorer in the PSoC Creator (on the left side). There are some tabs on the vertical line. Pick the "Results" tab. Open the *.RPT file. It shows how the UDBs are being used.

Alternatively, you can go to View > Resource Meter. One of the items is related to the UDBs.

0 Likes