Programming PSoC with STLink

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks!

I am working with the CYBLE-022001-00 module. So I have my firmware and it compiles perfectly fine in the PSoC Creator. Unfortunately the Creator doesn't support STLink v2. So I tried to export the whole project to uVision. I have only uVision 5. But this export is still in Beta. When I compile my project in uVision I get the error:

.\UVBuild\230VSwitch.sct(7): error: L6236E: No section matches selector - no section to be FIRST/LAST.

So sadly no programming for me right now.

Can anyone tell me if they managed to use and STLink v2 to program the PSoC and how? If not so, can anyone help me with the uVision compilation error? I do not want to use uVision that bad, but I think it should work with STLink, so yeah that's my best option right now, I feel.

Thanks in advance!

Peace Noah

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi ,

One more thing I like to add. In the help documentation., it is mentioned that u-Link and J-Link can be used for PRoC device. It seems we haven't tested the PRoC device with the STLink.

Thanks
JOBIN GT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please create a Tech Support Case and share your project with us via Mycases.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee

Hi,

STLink cannot be used with PSoC Programmer or PSoC Creator. There should not be any issue in exporting PSoC Creator project to uVision. After following the instructions given in Help Document [PSoC Creator -> Help-> PSoC Creator Help Topics -> section "Exporting a Design to Keil µVision"]

Please create a case with the corresponding project. We will try to export it for you.

Thanks

Jobin

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee

Hi ,

One more thing I like to add. In the help documentation., it is mentioned that u-Link and J-Link can be used for PRoC device. It seems we haven't tested the PRoC device with the STLink.

Thanks
JOBIN GT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Thanks for the answers! I managed to get the uVision project and have it compiled. So far so good. I also managed to get the ST Link v2 to recognize the CYBLE-022001-00. Sadly when I press "download" it keeps telling me that there was trouble resetting the hardware. I configured the debug/flashing settings according tho the docs.

I know that ST Link is not in the docs, that is why I asked if some one has done it 🙂 I am a student and can't really afford to buy another "expensive" flashing device.

So I opened a case and hope somebody responds 🙂

Thanks a lot!

Noah

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am also a student with exactly the same problem, was just wondering seeing that its a year later, has a solution been found?

0 Likes