Power source 12v (newbie)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Diako
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

for a project I'm doing I needed a voltage regulator with different terminals than your voltage regulator. I was looking at your video about creating custom components but am still feeling a bit lost on how to create my specific voltage regulator. I have chosen a specific voltage regulator and other custom components for my project and was wondering how easy is it to create them in psoc? I'm struggling for this big project but have done simple projects such as interfacing thermistor and a dc motor with psoc but still I would appreciate it if you could give me any tips. 

Diako_0-1633152264115.png

Diako_2-1633152295718.png

Diako_1-1633152274427.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Diako,

I have got a few more doubts regarding your implementation.

1. Are you trying to interface voltage regulator with PSoC or do you want to use PSoC as a voltage regulator? If you are trying to use PSoC as a voltage regulator then it is not possible.
2. The symbol for a Voltage regulator in your attached screenshot is an Off-chip component. Which means they are there for documentation. They don’t provide any functionality.

Please let me know what you are trying to do here.
Thank you
Best Regards
Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @Diako,

Your project seems interesting. But I will need more details to understand it.

1. What is the purpose of the project?
  2. What are all the features you are trying to include?
  3. What are the issues you are facing?

For now, you can refer to the following material which can help with your project.

1. PSoC® Video Tutorial Series: How to Create Custom Components
  2. Component Author Guide

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Diako
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

It's used to regulate 12v to 5v to connect to triacs to control the solenoid.

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Diako,

I have got a few more doubts regarding your implementation.

1. Are you trying to interface voltage regulator with PSoC or do you want to use PSoC as a voltage regulator? If you are trying to use PSoC as a voltage regulator then it is not possible.
2. The symbol for a Voltage regulator in your attached screenshot is an Off-chip component. Which means they are there for documentation. They don’t provide any functionality.

Please let me know what you are trying to do here.
Thank you
Best Regards
Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Diako,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes