Please recommend a suitable Cypress MCU part for a replacement for step motor application.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benkim
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - AVNET
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

My team and I are looking for a suitable Cypress MCU part for the following applications and features needed.

hoop4g_0-1625703535698.png

One of my clients is considering to replace a MLX81315 Melexis with a Cypress MCU part.
Smart LIN driver IC for DC, stepper, BLDC motors (MLX81310/15) #Melexis

There are available candidates listed on the left side block of the diagram above,
but I am here to ask for an advice if there is any better Cypress MCU part suggestion adequate for the job.

The MCU part, that we seek, shall
- be used for the step motor starter application for "active grille shutters" (which help vehicle's aerodynamic design).
- be used along with the LIN step motor gate driver from Infineon (see the blocks above).
- support LIN communication protocol
- have an equal or smaller packaging size with the products listed above preferrably due to PCB size.
(S9S08SL8F1MTJ (TSSOP-20) /  ATSAMHA1E15A-B(32-pin QFN) / S6E1C32B0AGP20000 (LQFP-32) )
- have a relatively good delivery date in terms of logistics.   

If you could suggest us the Cypress part that fits for the MCU part of the block, that would be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Please check the PSoC4 parts which has LIN Slave support and which has 28 pin SSOP packages like PSoC4100s series device. You can also check out stepper motor examples available with PSoC4 devices.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in the Cypress MCU, and sorry for late reply. Can you please confirm if your end application is Automotive (are you looking for Automotive qualified part) ?

Thanks,

Ashish 

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Please check the PSoC4 parts which has LIN Slave support and which has 28 pin SSOP packages like PSoC4100s series device. You can also check out stepper motor examples available with PSoC4 devices.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes