Peripheral advertise min max period

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to understand the reason we have a range for advertisements min max period  in PSOC BLE for peripheral GAP profiles.

I want to master the power the power consumption in Slow Advertising Interval, and would like to understand what will be the real interval chosen by the stack if I specify a range 1000 to 2000 ms for example. Will it take the min, max interval or a randomly generated interval averaging 1.5sec ?

Concerning Apple recommendations, it seems we should not have a grater than 1285ms period, although I had no issues connecting with my IPhone with greater values.

Does anyone have recommendations on maximum interval to allow quick connections to Android phones & IOS devices ?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a partial answer to my questions in this post Re: Switch between FAST and SLOW adevrtising

The min / max advertise parameters are there to set a random function range.

Didn't find the answer on Apple guidelines maximum 1280ms. Anyone could help on that ?

Is there any issue except slower connexion to set a min 3000 and max 4000 with some old IOS versions ?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a partial answer to my questions in this post Re: Switch between FAST and SLOW adevrtising

The min / max advertise parameters are there to set a random function range.

Didn't find the answer on Apple guidelines maximum 1280ms. Anyone could help on that ?

Is there any issue except slower connexion to set a min 3000 and max 4000 with some old IOS versions ?

0 Likes

These parameters are specific to Apple. Can you kindly check Apple forums for details on these.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technical Q&A QA1931: Using the correct Bluetooth LE Advertising and Connection Parameters for a sta...

The link above explains the interval times as being ideal for maximizing connection speed, thus as you are suggesting, longer intervals/times will only slow down connection, but won't necessarily fail to work.

0 Likes