cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4

Khalil_Azouz
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm using PSoC 4 board, I'm also using the WDT0 and WDT1 as the system timers as they work in the sleep mode, So I had to use the WDT2 as the system watchdog timer.

The WDT2 generates an interrupt when it fires, So I reset the system in the interrupt.

So, I disable the WDT2 when I'm going to sleep mode, and re-enable it after I wake up.

I found that the system sometimes could not enable the WDT2 and stuck in this excessive loop.

if(0u != (counterMask & CY_SYS_WDT_COUNTER2_MASK))
        {
            while (0u == CySysWdtGetEnabledStatus(CY_SYS_WDT_COUNTER2))
            {
                /* Wait for changes to come into effect */
            }
        }

I also found this comment

" * Enabling or disabling WDT requires 3 LFCLK cycles to come into effect.
* Therefore, the WDT enable state must not be changed more than once in
* that period."

So, I controlled the calls of CySysWdtEnable and CySysWdtDisable, and I made sure that they were not called within 3 LFCLK clocks, But this also did not solve the issue.

I also use a GPIO pin to measure the time between calling these functions(CySysWdtEnable, CySysWdtDisable), I found the minimum time is taken was 180us and the LFClK frequency was 32,768 kHz, So the 3 clocks should be 91.55us, So 180us should not makes any troubles.

So, If there are any solutions or guides to solve/avoid this issue will be very helpful.

Best Regards,

Khalil Azouz

0 Likes
2 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @Khalil_Azouz ,

Could you please check if WDT_LOCK is cleared? Corruption in WDT may lead to set this bit so please clear it to generate interrupt.

Please refer to section 12.3.1 Enabling and Disabling WDT -> https://www.cypress.com/file/126171/download

Please let us know if this solves your issue?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
Khalil_Azouz
New Contributor

Hi Krupashankar

Thanks for reply,

I checked the WDT_LOCK bits  before enabling the WDT and made a condition to clear them each time they aren't, but this also did not solve the issue

Best Regards,

Khalil Azouz

0 Likes