PSoC4 and NEOWAY M590E interfacing...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gamac_2277161
Level 1
Level 1

I working on program to send text message using a NEOWAY M50E modem and PSoC4. When i test run my code it works perfectly, but when i connect the modem to PSoC4, the controller doesnt receive its input asin no message is sent to the mcu. The modem is working properly cos i sent AT command to it using HTERM n it works properly. What i feel is the problem is that problem the modem is receiving or understanding its signal....

What can i do please?

0 Likes
13 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Does the modem use _real_ RS232 (meaning with +/-12V levels)? The PSoC4 uses TTL levels (and when you run it with 3.3V even less). You need a Rs232 level shifter (e.g. MAX232 and all its siblings).

0 Likes

Thanks alot for your response.

I am a computer Scientist , that turned engineer just recently. Kindly help me break down your reply assuming it being a layman you are replying to.

thanks alot

0 Likes

Please can you aid me with a sample program to interface PSoC4 and 4x4 Keypad. Thanks alot.

0 Likes

Have a look here.

Bob

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

As long as you are using this module then you would be okay as it runs on 3.3V.  See photo. I would scope the Serial channel to make sure.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

You could try this device to interface to the modem.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Please post your PSOC code so we can check it.

0 Likes

below;

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

In PSOC Creator select File and then Select Create workspace bundle.  Then select add attachment below and select the file that Creator made and clock submit.

0 Likes

dont know how to post the code. Its been giving me errors. tried uploading as well it doesnt have an option to upload from system

0 Likes

Hi ,

As bob said, first create archive of your project from PSoC Creator. For that first you can go to file -> Create workspace bundle. Select the minimal option there. The file will be available in archive folder in your project location. Here in forum there is an option to add attachment below the comment section. You can browse to the file and attach.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes

Good day, 

I have uploaded the file, kindly help me look at it.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
gamac_2277161
Level 1
Level 1

File has been attached. thanks a bunch

0 Likes