PSoC4 - Flash protection with Bootloader and Bootloadable projects

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jipa_4548021
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hi, I am working on a product which uses PSoC4 BLE. It currently has OTA upgradeable stack and application. However, there is user data in the application that needs to be secured and read-protected. For the flash security options, if I set all rows to PROTECTED mode, the OTA updates to the application/stack fails. So, I can't set the mode to PROTECTED for entire flash.

Is there any way using to secure the user data either with checksum exclude section or sharing const data from launcher project to the App? The constraints are -

1) The flash location where the user data is stored needs to be in PROTECTED mode (read-only)

2) I need to initialize the user data (byte array) to a fixed value. This should not be done from either stack or app projects as it seems their flash locations won't be secured. Perhaps from launcher project or through linker script? Can you share examples on this?

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

I have attached the Em_eeprom component datasheet below.

You can refer to the section - Placing EEPROM storage at Checksum Exclude Section and you can try to implement the steps in the launcher project.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes