PSoC with 4100PS error with hardware connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4296726
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

First, please forgive any faux pas, first post as a new user.

I am working my way though the PSoC 101 video.  I tried to create a switch with the button SW1 USER P0[3] to operate USER LED1 Po[2].

I changed their names, left the input as High impedance digital, and tried to build Build and Program.  I get

Pin guidance unavailable: 'HW_Switch(0)' cannot be placed at P0[3]. P0 cannot be used for routed connections.

Pin guidance unavailable: 'LED(0)' cannot be placed at P0[2]. P0 cannot be used for routed connections.

I know this must be some newb problem, but I couldn't find much on it through searches.  Thanks for any guidance you my have.

-- Bob O

Additional... this also failed with no response to button.  But the flash and breath programs run, so I know the LED is good. 

LED_Write( HW_Switch_Read() );

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I'm afraid that it is not your fault, but hardware pin to pin connection is not as easy as other PSoC 4 with this device.

Would you take a look at following topic?

PSoC 4100S Plus Digital Inputs and Digital Outputs (HW Connection)

moto

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I'm afraid that it is not your fault, but hardware pin to pin connection is not as easy as other PSoC 4 with this device.

Would you take a look at following topic?

PSoC 4100S Plus Digital Inputs and Digital Outputs (HW Connection)

moto

Thanks.  Exactly the problem, and very strange.  It is funny that in the 101 videos, they mention you can fix external problems with internal routing on the PSoC, but it cannot fix it's own wiring issue!

Bob O