PSoC 4 BLE vs PRoC BLE Modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I just ordered today my new CY8CKIT-042-BLE Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) Pioneer Kit! 🙂 However, after going through the pdfs I still cannot find the vital differences between the two included modules (PSoC 4 BLE and PRoC BLE).

In what kind of applications could one module fit but the other? Maybe this should be clearly described in the kit page.

Thank you,

Dimitris

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Dimitris!

The PSoC 4 BLE is quite more versatile regarding the internally available hardware components in addition to the BLE radio.

The PRoC is (more or less) just the radio and a very few components.

I would suggest you to: Download and install the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit Setup files 

Then you have access to the example files and while your kit is on the way, you can go through the differences.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Dimitris!

The PSoC 4 BLE is quite more versatile regarding the internally available hardware components in addition to the BLE radio.

The PRoC is (more or less) just the radio and a very few components.

I would suggest you to: Download and install the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit Setup files 

Then you have access to the example files and while your kit is on the way, you can go through the differences.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob, thanks for the quick reply!

Ok, I see. For sure I will check out the examples, plus the nice videos that you have. Can't wait to receive my kit 🙂

Best regards,

Dimitris

0 Likes