PSOC4 slider implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeFLo
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am designing a 9 position slider as recommended in the AN85951 document.   The figure 7.15 shows a typical linear design with two dummy segments at the ends of the slider (see the attached file).  The segment are surrounded by the hatch with an air gap. 

In case of the hatch is connected to GND, can I connect the two dummy segments to the hatch or do i have to route a specific trace?

thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hey @GeFLo,

> Yes, you may connect the two dummy segments to the hatch.

> The dummy sensors are highly recommended. They maintain linearity among all the individual sensors present in the slider.
    [refer to your Capture002.PNG attachment]: When a single sensor is being scanned, other sensors are connected to GND or shield (as the case may be). All the sensors from SLD1 to SLDn-2 will have one such sensor on either side. To maintain the same for the end sensors SLD0 and SLDn-1, dummy sensors are essential.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeFLo
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

In fact, are the dummy segments mandatory ? I saw that on the CY3280 kit there are no dummy segment?

Can you give me more information about implementation? 

Best Regards

0 Likes
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hey @GeFLo,

> Yes, you may connect the two dummy segments to the hatch.

> The dummy sensors are highly recommended. They maintain linearity among all the individual sensors present in the slider.
    [refer to your Capture002.PNG attachment]: When a single sensor is being scanned, other sensors are connected to GND or shield (as the case may be). All the sensors from SLD1 to SLDn-2 will have one such sensor on either side. To maintain the same for the end sensors SLD0 and SLDn-1, dummy sensors are essential.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes