PSOC 4200 BLE Fixed stack BLE OTA not working through Android Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MKN_4249821
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am working on Fixed stack OTA upgrade on CY8C4248LQI-BL583. OTA Upgrade is happening through CySmart Dongle but it is not working through Application. If I check the status on Teraterm then I am getting the messages continuously. I have attached the image of TeraTerm below. I have attached the code for your reference. Please revert back as soon as possible.

0 Likes
1 Solution

What is the CySmart Android application version? I am able to bootload using the latest CySmart android application v1.2.0.156. Please re-program the device, forget the BLE device from the Andriod phone and try to bootload using the latest CySmart android application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

We are able to bootload the PWMExample01.cyacd using CySmart Android application 1.2.0.156 and achieve the bootloadable application functionalities.  Please let us know more more about - 'but it is not working through Application'.  What are the application features not working at your end?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi GeonaM_26,

I am not able to update the firmware through CySmart Android application but I can update the firmware through CySmart PC Application.

When I press the bootloading switch it is going to Bootload mode and Firmware updation is working through BLE dongle using CySmart PC tool. I am attaching the TeraTerm image.

Fixed stack BLE OTA using CySmart BLE USB Dongle.JPG

If I try the same using android application I will be getting the status as mentioned below and I am not getting the status as in image which you had sent to me in your reply.

Fixed stack BLE Uart image.JPG

Without pressing switch If I try to connect through android application to check the GATT database the highlighted lines are getting printed continuously in TeraTerm and in Android application it shows "Discovering services Please wait" and after few seconds it shows "No services found".

Fixed stack BLE Uart Mod.jpg

And the same If I do using BLE Dongle I will be getting this

Fixed stack BLE OTA using CySmart BLE Dongle.JPG

0 Likes

What is the CySmart Android application version? I am able to bootload using the latest CySmart android application v1.2.0.156. Please re-program the device, forget the BLE device from the Andriod phone and try to bootload using the latest CySmart android application.

0 Likes

It is working now after forgetting the BLE Device. But the problem is I need to unpair the device for each bootload.

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes