PSOC 4 SCB UART Pins HSIO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ErNo_1148106
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi All,

I am aware that the PSOC 4 SCB UART is fixed to a few groups of pins on a device. Can I use the HSIO matrix to change the pins to another set of pins of my choosing and it still work? I don't need to dynamically change back and forth all I want is for them to be set and they work. I already made 50 boards and I am stuck with the device and trying to fix a mistake I made. The current device I am using is CY8C4244LQI-443 and the current pins the SCB UART are on is P3[0] (RX) and P3[1] (TX). I want P1[7] (TX) and P2[0] (RX) if possible. Can anyone help me out please 😃? If there is a better way to do this I am open to ANY suggestions. Is there a software based UART that receives and transmits? I am aware of the SW TX Uart. I tried using the UDB based UART but that doesn't fit in two UDB's 😓

For what it is worth I found this:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-4-MCU/Dynamic-reconfiguration-of-UART-pins/td-p/126450

I want to do something similar as to what was done in this link but can't figure out what in the world the HSIO stuff means to make it useful for my predicament. 

Thanks,

Eric  

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I tried the followings.

Use SCB only for RX, use SW for TX.

At least I could generate application.

Schematic

001-schematic.JPG

Pins

002-Pins.JPG

moto

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I tried the followings.

Use SCB only for RX, use SW for TX.

At least I could generate application.

Schematic

001-schematic.JPG

Pins

002-Pins.JPG

moto

Hi Moto,

Yeah I tried that and may be my only option unless there is something else I can try. The only thing I don't like is that it is two separate components. Ill keep going and see if I can figure something out. Thanks for your response :-).

Eric