OTA Update without use of SW2 button

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working with the external memory OTA update example code. I have changed the schematic so that there is no output pin attached to the SW2 pin (Bootloader_Activation_Service). Instead, the program immediately enters bootloading mode with no dependency on pressing the SW2 button. When I program this, the red LED flashing indicates that I have entered bootloading mode, but when I try and do an OTA update, it gets stuck at the Authentication step, giving me the error "Authentication failed". I have attached screenshots of the relevant code changes.  I have only made changes to the initialization in the main function in main.c, and the BootloaderModeEntry function. Other than these, the code is the exact same as the example code. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

For OTA, there are checksums and data bytes that are used to "authenticate" the hex image, and the OTA update are valid/legit. I haven't worked with OTA updating, but the principal would suggest that your modifications invalidated some checksums or authentication values.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

For OTA, there are checksums and data bytes that are used to "authenticate" the hex image, and the OTA update are valid/legit. I haven't worked with OTA updating, but the principal would suggest that your modifications invalidated some checksums or authentication values.

0 Likes