New Component doesn't appear in Component Catalog

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm following the tutorial on UDB Datapaths in the document AN82156 (rev G), "Designing PSoC Creator Components with UDB Datapaths."  At page 17, after Generate Symbol, step 19, Doc.CatalogPlacement = AN82156/Digital/Cntr8.  The component never appears in the Component Catalog, neither here nor when any other project is opened.

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Welcome to the confusing world of PsoC component library design.  I am sending you the component author guide.  I hope it can be of help.  There is also some PSoC training videos.   I am also sending you the programs with the libraries already in them. I must have spent about a week trying to get a library to work.  It just takes practice.

0 Likes

userc,

It is a bit confusing at first but with study and trail-and-error, it becomes more evident.   It's a pretty sophisticated and elegant creation process.  Kudos to the team of Cypress engineers in creating a very useful set of tools.

Caution:  Once you're successful, don't wait too long to create your next component.   If I take too long between components, I have to relearn steps in the process!  Oh well!

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        I believe that path is incorrect. I suggest to open symbol file *.cysym, left mouse click on the open field, menu->properties->catalog placement. Now in collection set your path e.g.: Community/digital/myComponent/ (slash at the end). Notice that 'myComponent' is a folder where your actual component will reside. Later change the path as you wish.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the libraries, I was searching for those.

0 Likes