LIN Slave as listener

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Michael_K
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello all,

Is it possible to configure the LIN slave node as a passive listener only?
It is because of the situation below: We are going to install a separate system in the car. Actually we don't need LIN, but we need a signal from the master node, which triggers our system (or we will tap the signal somehow else). I also have the LDF file and wonder what happens if I pretend to be a slave node and basically do nothing but wait for the signal. Would this be possible or would I block the already existing node?

Best regards

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Michael_K ,

Could you let me know which device is being used?

My understanding is that the LIN listener does not intend to send any data on the bus, but wants to receive data. If so, then this should be feasible. LIN slave has to subscribe to the frame-id and not publish anything on the bus.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Michael_K ,

Could you let me know which device is being used?

My understanding is that the LIN listener does not intend to send any data on the bus, but wants to receive data. If so, then this should be feasible. LIN slave has to subscribe to the frame-id and not publish anything on the bus.

Regards,
Nikhil

Michael_K
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello Nikhil,

we are using a CY8C4146AXI. Thanks for the info. I thought something like that and just wanted to have it confirmed.
I will try it out this week and report back if I remember 🙂

Ragards,

Michael

0 Likes