Issues with PWM Component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vegan_electron
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Dear community members,

We use the PWM component with a downstream RC circuit in our design to achieve a clean analog voltage of 0-5V. Unfortunately, voltage drops occur sporadically. A CYBLE-214015-01 32-SMT is used in the design. The problem does not occur with every module either. The pins are all loaded with 180 kilohms.
All inputs on the CYBLE are wired as recommended with the corresponding inductances.
I am grateful for any help.

Daniel

0 Likes
1 Solution

I would start troubleshooting by simultaneously observing PSoC Vdd and PWM out (smoothed). If there is correlation, then the issue is with the power supply (9V->Vdd).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Daniel,

Making output from PWM is good as the powering voltage to PSoC. If it is powered by USB, don't expect stability. Did you check the Vdd at the same time?

0 Likes
vegan_electron
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Dear odissey1,

The said module is already on a PBC and is powered by a 9V battery. Considering that this does not occur with all modules, it seems unlikely that it is due to the voltage regulator.

0 Likes

I would start troubleshooting by simultaneously observing PSoC Vdd and PWM out (smoothed). If there is correlation, then the issue is with the power supply (9V->Vdd).

0 Likes

I've tested the same setup with a different ambient temperature (12°C, before 28°C) and those voltage drop didn't happen again.
I will proceed as you recommend.

0 Likes

Looks like an issue with DC-DC converter. Maybe not enough current rating.

0 Likes