How to use MiniProg3 without installing PSoC Programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GaSl_4717236
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I use LabVIEW to program PSoC 4 BLE parts. Works fine using the PP_ComLib_Wrapper.dll interface. But I have to have PSoC Programmer installed for it to work. Why?

I grabbed the prog3 driver for the MiniProg3 (that's what we use) and I can install it on a system WITHOUT PSoc Programmer; but the application doesn't work even though the PP_ComLib_Wrapper is there. Those SHOULD be the only two things I need.

What (exactly) prevents the MiniProg3 from working via the DLL interface when it's driver IS installed, but the PSoC Programmer software is NOT? Will I *have* to install PSoC Programmer on all our test machines to make this work? I can't just install the driver and distribute my application with the DLL file?

This is a real issue for me...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi GaSl_4717236​,

Unfortunately, you will have to install PSoC Programmer for you to run your application. There is no workaround for that. Please refer to this thread for information regarding this - Re: PP_COM_Wrapper PSoC Example doesnot work on different PSoC Programmer Versions

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi GaSl_4717236​,

Unfortunately, you will have to install PSoC Programmer for you to run your application. There is no workaround for that. Please refer to this thread for information regarding this - Re: PP_COM_Wrapper PSoC Example doesnot work on different PSoC Programmer Versions

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes