How to test observer project in 100 projects 100 days using android phone?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DhDa_2432241
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello,
I am trying out the observer project from the Cypress git repo. I am using CYBLE-012011 as a standalone device and so I had to do the following to compile the project.
1. Create a new project with CYBLE-0102011 as the device.
2. Copy main.c, common.h and common.c from the observer project. 
3. Rename the uart component to match the API names.
4. Configure UART and BLE as in the project. 

Now I compiled and programmed the project. Now I want to use my android phone to send beacons and the BLE to scan and display those beacons. I am using the Beacon simulator app to send the beacons. But I can't see anything on the COM terminal. I have attached my project in the attachments. 

Thank you
Dheeraj

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Dheeraj,

You can use any Psoc Creator BLE example projects as well as GitHub projects (https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days) for Ez BLE module as well.

You just need to make sure to select correct part number and pins.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The original program has the heap size set to 0x400 your program has it set to 0x80.  That could be the issue.

0 Likes

How do I change it?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Well the example works but it uses the CY8C-4247LQI-BL483. Now I will try your example with that chip as don't have your module. Another issue maybe is that you are using a EZBle module and it is programmed with a Serial commands and is not the same type of chip.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Your program didn't work at first when I increased the Heap size to 0x400 it  works but runs in a loop which is different than the example. To change the design wide resources click on System and then you will see this information.

I am still not sure that the module you have will work with this example as it is EZ Ble and not a regular Ble device. 

0 Likes

Thank you for this. Are there any code snippets for EZ-BLE modules? As of now the only resource I have is the PSo4-BLE git repo. I am looking at them and modifying them to make it work with my module. 

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Here is the firmware Guide.

0 Likes

Hello,
This is a guide to program using EZ-Serial firmware. I can't use the PSoC creator for this. Looks like this is just sending the commands via UART and getting back a response. Also I cannot use this because I can't use the DFU bootloader to update the firmware as my modules is a 128KB device. 

I am looking for examples like the PSoC4-BLE master git repo which allows me use the PSoC creator and the API's. 

Thanks
Dheeraj

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Dheeraj,

You can use any Psoc Creator BLE example projects as well as GitHub projects (https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days) for Ez BLE module as well.

You just need to make sure to select correct part number and pins.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

I got it. I can change the part in Project --> Device selector. 

Thanks

0 Likes