How to set GATT_SUPPORT_128_BIT_UUID

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to read values from a BLE server on one module using a Pioneer Kit as the Client so that I can hook up the Bridge Control Panel to the client via USB->I2C and plot the results.

I've taken the 100 Projects In 100 Days, Days #035 and #036 as my template, but I want to convert notifications to reads and as the service on the server module is a custom service it has a 128 bit UUID. I trigger a read using the following function:

void ReadPadsValues(void) {

CYBLE_API_RESULT_T api_result;
    CYBLE_GATTC_READ_BY_TYPE_REQ_T *cyBle_readreq;

cyBle_readreq->range = attrHandleRange;
    cyBle_readreq->uuid = PadsCharUuid;
    cyBle_readreq->uuidFormat = CYBLE_GATT_128_BIT_UUID_FORMAT;

api_result = CyBle_GattcReadUsingCharacteristicUuid(cyBle_connHandle, cyBle_readreq);
}

I have tried to initialise PadsCharUuid with my service UUID as a CYBLE_UUID_T type, like this:

CYBLE_UUID_T PadsCharUuid = {.uuid128 = {0x00u, 0x31u, 0x01u, 0x9Bu, 0x5Fu, 0x80u, 0x00u, 0x00u, \
                                         0x80u, 0x00u, 0x10u, 0x00u, 0x01u, 0xCBu, 0x03u, 0x00u}};

But in the automatically generated file BLE_StackGatt.h, GATT_SUPPORT_128_BIT_UUID is not defined, so the type CYBLE_UUID_T does not include the uuid128 portion of the union. So I get a warning when trying to initialise PadsCharUuid.

Is there a way in the tools to cause GATT_SUPPORT_128_BIT_UUID to be defined? Or is there a specific reason why it isn't, and am I going about it the wrong way.

Many thanks in advance.

Zigs

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hli,

Thanks for looking at this again. By this I guess you mean that when I click on the Custom Service under the "Profiles" tab, there is a box to enter a UUID on the right with a pull down to the right allowing 16-bit, 32-bit or 128-bit UUID's. My custom service does have a 128-bit UUID, but this doesn't result in GATT_SUPPORT_128_BIT_UUID being #defined in BLEStackGatt.h. This means that I am unable to assign a 128-bit value to a variable of type CYBLE_UUID_T. Perhaps this is a bug in PSoC Creator 3.3. I'll flag it as an issue.

In the meantime I have solved my problem by migrating to using CyBle_GattcReadCharacteristicValue which requires the handle of the service rather than the UUID, thus avoiding the problem.

Once again, thanks for your contribution.

Regards

Zigs

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

The 128 bit mode is set in the configuration dialog for the BLE copmponent.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hli, and many thanks for responding quickly.

I'm afraid I can't find the option to set this. To clarify, I have the BLE set as Custom, Client, Central and am trying to define a UUID for use in a read request, to read a custom service on a server using a 128bit UUID.

I'm using PSoC Creator 3.3.

I've even go as far as adding a Custom Descriptor (with a 128 UUID) to the Generic Attribute Service to try and force the software to #define GATT_SUPPORT_128_BIT_UUID, but with no luck.

Following your comment, I also went back and checked my Server code, and even though this uses 128 UUID's the #define is missing.

Could you please be more specific about where you feel this setting is enabled in the BLE configuration dialog.

Many thanks

Zigs

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

When you define your custom service, there is an option set the UUID length. So you should define a custom service that matches the one you are talking to, and use its methods.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hli,

Thanks for looking at this again. By this I guess you mean that when I click on the Custom Service under the "Profiles" tab, there is a box to enter a UUID on the right with a pull down to the right allowing 16-bit, 32-bit or 128-bit UUID's. My custom service does have a 128-bit UUID, but this doesn't result in GATT_SUPPORT_128_BIT_UUID being #defined in BLEStackGatt.h. This means that I am unable to assign a 128-bit value to a variable of type CYBLE_UUID_T. Perhaps this is a bug in PSoC Creator 3.3. I'll flag it as an issue.

In the meantime I have solved my problem by migrating to using CyBle_GattcReadCharacteristicValue which requires the handle of the service rather than the UUID, thus avoiding the problem.

Once again, thanks for your contribution.

Regards

Zigs

0 Likes