How do you send data from the PSoC microcontroller to an iOS device?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCo_2736831
Level 4
Level 4
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi All,

I wanted to transmit DHT11 humidity and temperature data to an Android or iOS device. In order to do this, I connected a DHT11 Humidity & Temperature sensor to a PSoC 4 BLE pioneer kit and used a PSoC 4 BLE program for a heart rate sensor that transmits data from the UART serial terminal to an iPhone. (Link: PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day002_Heart_Rate_Sensor at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC... ) This program would show the data on the Cysmart App, and I tweaked this to make it show the temperature instead of the heart rate. However, this program uses a service that already defines the pictures and layout of the Cysmart App, so when I inputted the temperature, only the number changed but the rest of the layout of the app stayed the same.

Can someone point me to an example program that sends the temperature from the PSoC device to the iPhone, and shows the data transmitted in a different app instead of the Cysmart app?

Thanks,

Andrew Collins

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Andrew,

Please refer to the project Day005_Health_Thermometer in the GitHub which measures the temperature using ADC and sends it over the BLE via standard BLE Health Thermometer Profile.

For custom applications we have to use the Custom Profile available in BLE component. Please refer to Application Note and associated code example to understand it's implementation: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an91162-creating-ble-custom-profile .

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Andrew,

Please refer to the project Day005_Health_Thermometer in the GitHub which measures the temperature using ADC and sends it over the BLE via standard BLE Health Thermometer Profile.

For custom applications we have to use the Custom Profile available in BLE component. Please refer to Application Note and associated code example to understand it's implementation: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an91162-creating-ble-custom-profile .

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes