Handling test programming in production EEprom write

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsFr_4600111
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Have a cyble-222014 unit, I  want to flash during the production. And i need to write diffrent serial number and settings into each device, can i do this with the psoc programmer? And how. 

Br

Esben

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @EsFr_4600111 ,

We do not recommend using MiniProg or KitProg for production programming. For production-quality programmers, please see our Device Programmer System Partners page for information about third-party programmers.

You can program this data into the SFlash. Please find the reference application for programming the SFlash at this path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Misc\PSoC4-BLE-SFLASH-Update"

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @EsFr_4600111 ,

We do not recommend using MiniProg or KitProg for production programming. For production-quality programmers, please see our Device Programmer System Partners page for information about third-party programmers.

You can program this data into the SFlash. Please find the reference application for programming the SFlash at this path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Misc\PSoC4-BLE-SFLASH-Update"

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj 

Thank you for you answer. 

For debugging how do i then manually, modify the user flash area. 

Im using the kitpro2  programmer from a pioneer kit.

Br Esben

0 Likes

Hello @EsFr_4600111 ,

Sorry, I didn't get your question. Can you elaborate on your query?

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Just need to know if i can change the flash when from the creator debugger.

0 Likes

Hello @EsFr_4600111 ,

No, writing to flash during debugging is not possible. You need to use the flash write routines in the firmware to write to flash.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes