Firmware of CY8CKIT-042 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeMa_1120931
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I am using CY8CKIT-042 BLE.

I want to return the KIT firmware to the purchase state.

Please give me advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution

For your first question, there isn't an initial FW when the KIT is delivery. So we can't decide which FW is programmed when you get the Kit. Please download the demo you need and develop your own application upon it.

For the programm problem, please check the hardware connector for each KIT to ensure the settings are same. If the hardware is OK, please try to download FW with psoc programmer. You may need to update the KIT Prog on the board. Please follow the indication on the psoc programmer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

If you reprogramed the kit, you need to download the firmware again.

Please refer to the kit information here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-042-ble-bluetooth-low-energy-42...

There are some examples for you to get start.

0 Likes

Thanks for your advice.

This file is all downloaded.

However, I can't find a HEX file that returns the CY8CKIT-042KIT firmware to the original purchase.

What I want is not Examples.

CY8CKIT-042KIT no longer works with firmware UPDate.

0 Likes

I am not sure which demo is programmed in the kit.

Could you let us know what application do you want and what's the problem do you encountered?

0 Likes

NG_kit.jpgOK_Kit.jpg

I am using CY8CKIT-042 BLE.

I want to return the KIT firmware to the purchase state.

I have 3 kits.

Two are NG.

Please give me advice.

0 Likes

For your first question, there isn't an initial FW when the KIT is delivery. So we can't decide which FW is programmed when you get the Kit. Please download the demo you need and develop your own application upon it.

For the programm problem, please check the hardware connector for each KIT to ensure the settings are same. If the hardware is OK, please try to download FW with psoc programmer. You may need to update the KIT Prog on the board. Please follow the indication on the psoc programmer.

0 Likes

Thank you for your advice.

I'm sorry my broken English.

I have been using CY8CKIT-042 to make firmware since the launch of CY8CKIT-042.

I want to change from ”CMSIS-DAP Ver1.0” to ”KitProg Ver2.21” as shown in the previous figure.

0 Likes

Could you refer to the kit prog user guide in chapter 3.5 about updating the kitprog firmware:https://www.cypress.com/file/157966/download

0 Likes

I turned on SW1 of KIT for 5 seconds.

Update button became active.

I was able to change ”CMSIS-DAP Ver1.0” to ”KitProg Ver2.21” .

I'd like to close this case.

CY8CkIT-042-BLE.jpgThank you for your advice.

0 Likes