Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Michael_K
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello everybody,

I have a short question bout the PSoC 4: Is it possible to extend the flash ROM, so that the program is not started form the internal flash as in the picture below but from a EEPROM from an IC?

Michael_K_0-1660568765693.png

The background is that I am working with the PSoC 4 Pioniee Kit CY8CKIT-042 and I have not enough memory for my application and cannot compile it. I would like to expand the memory with an EEPROM with 64 kbyte for example. 

Michael_K_1-1660568936154.png

Best Regards

Michael 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @Michael_K ,

The feature which you are referring is not possible with PSOC 4, you can refer to the PSOC 6 datasheet which I have shared in my previous response.

Regards,

Alakananda

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alakananda_BG

Hi @Michael_K ,

Is it possible to extend the flash ROM, so that the program is not started form the internal flash as in the picture below but from a EEPROM from an IC?

>>This feature is not supported in PSOC 4.

You can refer to the PSOC 6 datasheet which supports this feature.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-PSoC_6_MCU_CY8C62x6_CY8C62x7-DataSheet-v14_00-EN.pdf?fileId=8...

Alakananda_BG_0-1660724587799.png

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes
Michael_K
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello Alakananda,

thank you for your reply. 

Is the feature not supported by PSoC 4 in general or only for the EEPROM with I2C?

I may have chosen the IC unhappily, as I was looking for one with I2C. But there are Flash ICs with SPI (without Q) and SPI is also supported by the PSoC 4. I found the application note AN68272 and it describes the principle of the bootloader. If I understood it right, I can use the bootloader to flash the program over a host like a PC via UART or another interface (like an Arduino). Is there a possibility like in the picture below which I have customized from the AN,  that the bootloader writes the application to the external flash and reads the program from it?

Michael_K_1-1660728787497.png

Best Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi @Michael_K ,

The feature which you are referring is not possible with PSOC 4, you can refer to the PSOC 6 datasheet which I have shared in my previous response.

Regards,

Alakananda