Definition of Custom Service profile for 8 external digital inputs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I want to develop a BLE-Device using PSoC 4200 BLE, which sends an ADC-Signal(uint16) and 8 Button-Signals(Digital Input) from Server to Client.

That means, there is an external analog signal input for ADC, and 8 external digital inputs as well.

Could anyone please tell me, are there any suitable examples or definitions of GATT Profiles in the documentations of Cypress?

How can I define the Custom Service?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending a uint16 and 1-8 uint8 values is relatively simple. You need to setup your BLE profile to contain allocations for the variables, and then update the values as your device runs. Then, while advertising, other devices can connect to your advertising device and read the values of the variables in the BLE profile.

See the application note: AN91162 - Creating a BLE Custom Profile

For developing custom profiles.

See the 100 projects for more examples on other things you might have questions on: PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending a uint16 and 1-8 uint8 values is relatively simple. You need to setup your BLE profile to contain allocations for the variables, and then update the values as your device runs. Then, while advertising, other devices can connect to your advertising device and read the values of the variables in the BLE profile.

See the application note: AN91162 - Creating a BLE Custom Profile

For developing custom profiles.

See the 100 projects for more examples on other things you might have questions on: PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

0 Likes