Capsense Manual Tuning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaSa_3672201
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello,

Is it possible to do manual tuning of the CY8C4024LQI-S411 using CY8CKIT-043 PSoC?

I am currently using the programmer on this kit to program the chip above however is it possible to use the programmer's I2C for manual tuning the capsense on the CY8C4024LQI-S411? 

If I right click on the Capsense and select launch tuner do I still need to right a code for the manual tuner?

Once I pick the correct tuning parameters for the capsense, are they automatically saved or do I need to hardcode the various parameters in the code editor?

If you can please let me know how this process works in details. The many write ups I saw about manual tuning are not detailed enough.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi KaSa_3672201

You can use any I2C - USB bridge although, Miniprog is recommended for tuner.

To tune the sensor there needs to be special code, CapSense_RunTuner() after CapSense_ProcessAllWidgets() and the tuner (in the PC) must be chosen in synchronized mode. You can refer the Code Example CE 195286 (Tuner CE) with I2C to check synchronized mode.

The firmware implementation for this would be as follows:

CapSense_Start();

EZI2C_Start();

EZI2C_EzI2CSetBuffer1(sizeof(CapSense_dsRam), sizeof(CapSense_dsRam), (uint8 *)&CapSense_dsRam);

for(;;)

{

/* Place your application code here. */

if(!CapSense_IsBusy())

{

CapSense_ProcessAllWidgets();

CapSense_RunTuner();

CapSense_ScanAllWidgets();

}

}

Once you select the right tuning parameters, you can click on the "To Project" button to transfer the parameters directly to the project and this can be used for further development.

Best regards
Hari

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi KaSa_3672201

You can use any I2C - USB bridge although, Miniprog is recommended for tuner.

To tune the sensor there needs to be special code, CapSense_RunTuner() after CapSense_ProcessAllWidgets() and the tuner (in the PC) must be chosen in synchronized mode. You can refer the Code Example CE 195286 (Tuner CE) with I2C to check synchronized mode.

The firmware implementation for this would be as follows:

CapSense_Start();

EZI2C_Start();

EZI2C_EzI2CSetBuffer1(sizeof(CapSense_dsRam), sizeof(CapSense_dsRam), (uint8 *)&CapSense_dsRam);

for(;;)

{

/* Place your application code here. */

if(!CapSense_IsBusy())

{

CapSense_ProcessAllWidgets();

CapSense_RunTuner();

CapSense_ScanAllWidgets();

}

}

Once you select the right tuning parameters, you can click on the "To Project" button to transfer the parameters directly to the project and this can be used for further development.

Best regards
Hari

Thank you Hari, this is very helpful.

I will try the I2C terminal on the Kitprog and connect it to the chip.

I will let you know if I have any more questions

0 Likes