Cannot compile CYBLE-014008-00 BLE with Capsense?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
anpi_1343696
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated.

Problem 1.  I do not see the CapSense CSD component when configuring for a CYBLE-014008-00 BLE in Creator 3.3 CP1. The CSD CapSense component does not show up in the catalog. I temporarily switch to another device and I see the CapSense CSD in the catalog, so I drag it onto the Top Design. I then switch back to the CYBLE-014008-00 BLE as the  device. This is the only way I seem to be able to get a CSD CapSense component in my design.

Problem 2. Now that I have a CSD component in the design, I configure 2 Buttons. But when I compile, I get several error messages:

"Pin guidance unavailable: Resource limit: Maximum number of CapSense exceeded (max=0, needed=1)."

"Pin guidance unavailable: Resource limit: Maximum number of Comparator exceeded (max=0, needed=1)."

Problem 3: The CSD component requires a CMOD pin assignment. I don't see the CMOD pin assigned in the CYBLE-014008-00 BLE pinouts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached is a copy of my archive.

0 Likes
1 Solution
anpi_1343696
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

OK,

I completely uninstalled PSoc Creator 3.3 and reinstalled it. This prompted an upgrade to 3.3 SP1. After that completed, I was able to get a CapSense component to work with the CYBLE-014008-00. I'll close the case now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This is presumably a bug in the chip resource definition. I suggest you to contact Cypress: at top of this page "Design Support -> Create a support Case". Would be very good, when you inform us here about the response from Cypress.

Bob

0 Likes
anpi_1343696
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Thanks for the quick response. I thought I was overlooking something simple - usually the case. I opened a case: 3124587420 and will post their solution.

The CYBLE-014008-00 is a great little module and hopefully I will get it doing CapSense soon!

0 Likes
anpi_1343696
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

OK,

I completely uninstalled PSoc Creator 3.3 and reinstalled it. This prompted an upgrade to 3.3 SP1. After that completed, I was able to get a CapSense component to work with the CYBLE-014008-00. I'll close the case now.

0 Likes