Can`t program my device after Disable Debug Interface to Reduce Power

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
urchc_1533771
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given First like received First like given

In AN86233_PSoC_4_Low-Power_Modes_and_Power_Reduction_Techniques(2)_0.pdf I saw recommendation to reduce power by change debug pins to GPIO mode. See attached pic. After I done it I can`t acces to my device !

Programmer can`t acquire SWD

What to do ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi

When you set Debug Select to GPIO and program the device, you need to re-acquire the device every time before programming device again from PSoC Creator, unless you change the Debug Select back to SWD and then re-program the device.

Just click Port Acquire button in the Select Debug Target window (as shown in the below image) and you will see the device again. Then click OK/Connect button and that should result in successful programming.

Port_Aquire.png

However if you try to program the device from PSoC Programmer, you don't need to do any additional step. PSoC Programmer programs the device same way irrespective of whether the Debug Select is SWD or GPIO.

So, if the PSoC Programmer is unable to acquire the device, then I guess something else is the reason and not the Debug Select.

0 Likes

I know what you say. I click on this button but Psoc Creator can`t acquire the device. I tried many times.

Before I changed pins to GPIO device worked and programmed well.

Capture.JPG

0 Likes

Well, try changing the Debug Select back to SWD and program the generated HEX file on to the device from PSoC Programmer.

If you can't acquire the device even from PSoC Programmer, please check you hardware settings (switch and jumper position, etc.) and MiniProg3 connection to the board (also ribbon cable).

I don't think changing the Debug Select setting alone caused that issue. I have tried changing the Debug Select to GPIO and I'm still able to program the device multiple times.

BTW, what hardware are you using? Any Cypress Development Kit?

0 Likes

before.png

As you can see I success to connect to device by Miniprog3 but when I try to program it :

after.png

My device is CYBLE-012011 module.

0 Likes

From the screenshots it appears that PSoC Programmer (MiniProg3) is unable to talk to the device. This can be because one or more of the SWD and Reset lines is not getting connected to EZ-BLE module.

Please check your hardware setup carefully (perhaps one more time). Did you change anything in the hardware lately (after your last successful programming)? Or did you change Chip Protection to Kill in you project? Doing so removes all debug access to user code or memory and the flash cannot be erased.

0 Likes

1.connector placed close to module and traces is good

2. reset work because I receive printf to Teraterm and see thousand of resets that device receive

3. I`m not changed Chip Protection

4. Only one thing I changed - SWD to GPIO

0 Likes