cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Initially in my project I was following the iOS Build a Robot tutorial which incorporates BLE, Capsense, and PWM components.  I just added an SPI Slave component in order to receive data from a cRIO-based instrument and received an "Unable to pack the design into 4 UDBs" error message.  The project that I'm going to be making incorporates some of the implementation from the iOS tutorial, but I will not be needing the Capsense interaction at all.  However, when I remove that component (and the pin attachments), I still cannot build the project.

   

I am very new to this such that I have no idea what particular part of a component is causing the database to over-pack.

   

I've attached the project, and don't hold back into going into heavy details about this issue.  Anything I can learn is a plus.

   

- Anthony

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Honored Contributor II

Anthony Well I checked your program and it is at it's limit on UDB's I removed the PWM by using the disable on the component and it compiled.  The Ble devices use a lot of resources for the Ble device.  The issue could be in your Spi component also.  but it works with the Pwm removed. You may want to use the 043 module with a Ble device added then you would have more resources. Maybe you could simulate the PWM in code and that may work also.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Honored Contributor II

Anthony Well I checked your program and it is at it's limit on UDB's I removed the PWM by using the disable on the component and it compiled.  The Ble devices use a lot of resources for the Ble device.  The issue could be in your Spi component also.  but it works with the Pwm removed. You may want to use the 043 module with a Ble device added then you would have more resources. Maybe you could simulate the PWM in code and that may work also.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob, thanks for the response.  The Capsense and PWM modules were definitely overcrowding the UDB's.  I sacrificed the blinking LED "bluetooth on/off" to make room for the ADC.  Instead, I show a blinking LED on an iOS device for when it's receiving data (to the user, when it is bluetooth ready).

0 Likes