CYBLE-202007-EVAL disconnect frequently

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to get CYBLE-202007-EVAL to run Find Me Profile.

I plug the board into the CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A baseboard and communicate with CySmart.

But after connect for an hour, it just disconnect and the reason is CONNECT_TIMEOUT.

To extend range of BLE, I write the below code into file which I get from datasheet.

/* define the test register to switch the PA/LNA hardware control pins */

#define CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL 0x40030008

/* Mandatory events to be handled by BLE application code */

case CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON:

/* Configure the Link Layer to automatically switch PA control pin P3[2] and LNA control pin P3[3] */

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG), 0x0331);

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL), 0x80000302);

Does anyone have any ideas on this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

You have to connect capacitor and Inductor which are named as C14 and L1 in the Module schematic to use the on board PCB antenna. Please refer the Module datasheet http://www.cypress.com/file/318881/download   page #13 for schematic. Please go through the table placed near the UFL Connector at page#13 of above mentioned datasheet.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

7 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

->  Have you connected an external antenna to this module?

-> Please note that if you are using on board PCB antenna ,you have to populate  cap (C14) and Inductor (L1)  an mentioned in the datasheet ( http://www.cypress.com/file/318881/download  page#13).

Regards,

Gyan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm using on board PCB antenna, I don't know what you said " populate  cap (C14) and Inductor (L1)  an mentioned ".

Would you explain what that mean?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

You have to connect capacitor and Inductor which are named as C14 and L1 in the Module schematic to use the on board PCB antenna. Please refer the Module datasheet http://www.cypress.com/file/318881/download   page #13 for schematic. Please go through the table placed near the UFL Connector at page#13 of above mentioned datasheet.

-Gyan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So I have to soldering C14 and L1 on the board which location just like CYBLE-212006?

InkedCYBLE-212006-01_LI.jpg

If that correct, I should desoldering R3 which already on the board?

If I understand wrong, please correct me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Yes, you are right. You can refer the  below layout screenshot as well.

Capture2 (002).PNG

-Gyan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have another question.

L1 didn't soldering on the board, which means on board PCB antenna didn't connect.

Why the board still can connect to CySmart?

0 Likes

It is because of some energy is radiated due to the  leakage current flowing in antenna pin.

-Gyan