CY8CKIT-042 Kit with CY8CKIT-024 Tuner doesn't work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello together,

during my first experiences with the CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer Kit i worked with example projects like the one with the linear slider.

I also tried some variations by using only one of the slider elements as a button.

Starting the Tuner always worked well.

But now i started to work with the CY8CKIT-024 CAPSENSE PROXIMITY SHIELD in addition. I use the example projects from the following Cypress product page:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an92239-proximity-sensing-capsense

Doesn't matter which example project i try (i only use the ones that are named with 0042), none of them lets me work with the Tuner. The tuner always throws:

"Read operation failed! Ceck I2C connection".

All my settings of the EzI2C SCB block exactly match the document AN92239, which is also to be found on the link i mentioned before.

Updating components, Building and Flashing were working well ( I'm using PSoC creator 4.1).

Is there any setting that i may could have forget?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to set the macro "Tuner Enable" to 1, to use the tuner.

pastedImage_0.png

When tuner is enabled, the LED control does not work because we enter a indefinite loop:

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to set the macro "Tuner Enable" to 1, to use the tuner.

pastedImage_0.png

When tuner is enabled, the LED control does not work because we enter a indefinite loop:

pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow thanks a lot man!

0 Likes