Bootloader refuses Send Data and Program Row packets

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

(this post is a copy of one I posted in the "PSoC Creator Software" section of this forum, code and packets at the end)

Hello, 

I'm writing an Bootloader Host (that is, which sends a new Bootloadable to the PSoC bootloader via an UART link), running on another STM32 chip. I can't use the AN68272.zip code due to major architecture differences, so I wrote my own.

I can send most packets without any sort of issue,  in that order : 

- Enter Bootloader (0x38)

- Verify Application Checksum (0x31)

- Flash Array ID (0x32, two times, for both flash chips)

- Send Data (0x37). That's where the problem arises, as I can only send one byte of data at a time. More than one byte of data (size in packet > 1), and the Bootloader answers with a BOOTLOADER_ERR_LENGTH (0x03) error. I'm pretty sure the packet is well formed, that the checksum is valid, and that everything is in place. 

"Flash Array ID" packet also contains more than one byte, and the Bootloader accepts it without issue. 

"Program Row" (0x39) exposes the exact same problem. No matter what I do, it'll answer a 0x03 error.

I've tracked down the error in the Bootloader at the test  if (((pktSize + Bootloader_1_MIN_PKT_SIZE) > numberRead)) in Bootloader_1.c around line 1744.

If someone could point me to the obvious mistake I'm making, I'd be very thankful.  

Thanks a lot !

Here is the full code of my packet generator : 

// Sends a command to the bootloader containing a command ID and optionnal data
uint8_t send_bootloader_packet(uint8_t cmd, uint8_t *data, uint16_t size) {
    uint8_t packet[140]; // FIXME
    uint16_t crc = 0x00;

packet[0] = 0x01;                                  // Start byte
    packet[1] = cmd;                                   // Command ID
    packet[2] = (uint8_t) (size&0xFF);                 // data length, LSB
    packet[3] = (uint8_t) (size>>8);                   // data length, MSB
    if(size && data) memcpy(&packet[4], data, size);   // Copy data
    crc = bl_basic_summation(packet, size+4);          // Compute CRC on the first 4 bytes and the data
    packet[size+4] = (uint8_t) (crc&0xFF);             // CRC LSB
    packet[size+5] = (uint8_t) (crc>>8);               // CRC MSB
    packet[size+6] = 0x17;                             // End byte

return send_UART(packet, size+7);
}

Packets sent and received : 

Get Flash Size for array 1, works flawlessly

>>> 01 32 01 00 01 CB FF 17                     // Packet 0x32, 1 byte of data, summation checksum
<<< 01 00 04 00 00 00 FF 01 FB FE 17      // Valid answer, usable flash in range 0000-01FF

Send Data,doesn't work

>>> 01 37 08 00 00 40 00 20 91 24 00 00 AB FE 17    // Packet 0x37, 8 bytes of data, summation checksum
<<< 01 03 00 00 FC FF 17                                            // Answer, error 0x03

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you try to increase the buffer size of PSoC UART to more than 4 and see if it makes any difference.

If this does not solve the problem, kindly create  a tech support case and we can take it from there..

mycases -> Technical Support

-Keerthi 

0 Likes