Bootloader error: Bootloader_Host_GUI_exe returns error 0x0000A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlKh_1065846
Level 1
Level 1

I created a simple UART bootloader and bootloadable. Both so far use just GPIO pins to control LEDs, and a standard UART component. Everything is configured as in AN68272. When trying to load the bootloadable with Bootloader_Host_GUI_exe, I'm getting error 0x0000A - "The flash row is not valid" (per Bootloader_Host_GUI_exe source). The workspace is attached. I'm using PSOC Creator 4.1 update 1 with CY8CKIT-041-40XX. Any help or pointers will be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Found the problem: the error actually meant that the bootloadable's address in flash overlapped the bootloader. I did not rebuild the bootloadable after having made some changes to the bootloader, which resulted in its larger size. My bad.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AlKh_1065846
Level 1
Level 1

I have a suspicion that Bootloader_Host_GUI expects the flash row size of 64 bytes (as for PSOC 4 devices), but the CY8C4045AZI-S413 has the row size of 128 bytes (which I can see looking at the contents of bootloadable.cyacd). Could someone please confirm or deny this?

0 Likes

Found the problem: the error actually meant that the bootloadable's address in flash overlapped the bootloader. I did not rebuild the bootloadable after having made some changes to the bootloader, which resulted in its larger size. My bad.

0 Likes