Bonded devices and temporary whitelist-only broadcasting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm designing an app that connects to a sole Bonded device and while connected will broadcast a non-connectable, whitelist-only advertisement to up to 8 different devices.

Is the Bonded device stored in the same maximum-8 array, so that I would have to remove the bonded device address before populating the whitelist address?  

If so, after removing the bonded address, populating the whitelist, advertising, and clearing the whitelist, how would I add the bonded device back to the bonded list for future connecting would StoreBondedDevices still apply and would/could I call it during connection or after disconnect?

I'm using component 3.10 and noticed in the docs that CyBle_GapRemoveDeviceFromWhiteList removes all devices, bonded and whitelist, but a parameter to allow them to be removed separately isn't available with this version.  Is it a future release, or is it dependent on chip?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As of now, removing the devices separately from whitelist and bonding is not available.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As of now, removing the devices separately from whitelist and bonding is not available.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes