Beginner

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

seemingly simple question - just stating out with this equipment  -

Want to connect a simple set of switch inputs to the CY8CKIT-042-BLE dev board.  have 3.3 VDC supply to connect through a switch.  Do I switch the input to ground?  What input configuration should I chose.  My sense is high impedance digital. 

any help of where I should look for examples?

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You can connect the switch to either ground or Vcc (as long as the Vcc is the same as the one for your board). Connect a resistor to the other power rail (so the input has a defined state when the switch is off).

Or you configure the input pin as having a pull up (or pull-down resistor), then you can skip the external one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

You can connect the switch to either ground or Vcc (as long as the Vcc is the same as the one for your board). Connect a resistor to the other power rail (so the input has a defined state when the switch is off).

Or you configure the input pin as having a pull up (or pull-down resistor), then you can skip the external one.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

For examples: look at the IO pin component data sheet which is just a right-click away. Or do the right-click and then 'find code example'.