BLE switch from (Profile)iBeacon to (Broadcaster/Observer) Eddystone programmatically.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NeDh_4602711
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored 50 replies posted

Hello,

I have developed firmware in Cypress to get data from (Broadcaster/Observer) Eddystone TLM which I believe is 1-way communication and now I want to make some changes remotely (will not more frequently) in advertising data so I was seeking help to switch the same BLE (Broadcaster/Observer) Eddystone TLM programmatically into

normal iBeacon(Profile as per PSOC) so that I can write some data into its data characteristics and used it again for BLE (Broadcaster/Observer) Eddystone TLM and vise versa.

I am using the CYBLE-0220001-00 module. It has only one BLE. On every boot I want BLE to work as (Profile) iBeacon for 1st 1 minute or after any trigger and then that should automatically change to (Broadcaster/Observer) Eddystone beacon.

I have tried a lot but I am not understanding which function can help me to do the same. Please help I am a beginner in Cypress.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

It is not possible to switch from profile to Broadcaster and vice versa in the program. But in the code, you can advertisement the device in Broadcasting mode by changing the advertisement parameters by modifying the CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_PARAM_T structure in the CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON event.
The broadcaster mode uses the below parameters:
1. Discovery mode -> non-discoverable.
2. Advertising type -> non connectable undirected advertising/scannable undirected advertising.
3. Advertisement and scan response packets (Clear the service and connection related data).

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The below thread might be helpful. Please have a look !

CYBLE-022001-00 Beaconing

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Actually my question was, how can I switch from profile to Broadcaster and vice versa programmatically? as shown below.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes

Hello,

It is not possible to switch from profile to Broadcaster and vice versa in the program. But in the code, you can advertisement the device in Broadcasting mode by changing the advertisement parameters by modifying the CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_PARAM_T structure in the CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON event.
The broadcaster mode uses the below parameters:
1. Discovery mode -> non-discoverable.
2. Advertising type -> non connectable undirected advertising/scannable undirected advertising.
3. Advertisement and scan response packets (Clear the service and connection related data).

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes