BLE keyboard

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BhSa_4078721
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I am using CYBLE-012011-00 in my bluetooth keypad.When i am trying to use battery supply(CR2032 coin cell battery,micro lithium cell,3V) for this keypad,the supply voltage drop from 3V to 1.8V. If I disconnect the keypad it again shows 3V. Which battery supply is best suitable for bluetooth keypad application using CYBLE-012011-00 part???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

When you use coin cell, the application is supposed to run in low power mode. Please refer the application note below and the corresponding code examples those come along with it. It explains how low power can be obtained in detail by providing code examples.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an92584-designing-low-power-and-estimating-b...

Also, please check your schematic too. You can compare your schematic with CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit schematic or you can attach the schematic to the thread so that we can review it.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Ideally, you can use any standard voltage source that supplies voltage in the range 1.8-5.5 volts for proving power to PSoC 4 BLE devices.

What is the expected current drawn by the Keypad that you are using? If the current drawn is higher than the coin cell battery, the coin cell voltage may come down. Please check with some standard voltage source which has high current supply capacity.

There might be something wrong with connections also. Please check whether the Keypad is shorting some connections in your board.

Please attach the schematic once to check here.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

BhSa_4078721
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Thank you for your reply.

Yes... might be its a current issue.....

I am using two controller on board....i.e CYBLE-012011-00  & CY8C4025AXI-S413........which is supplied by this coin cell..

if i give supply from pencil cell(series of 3 pencil cell with LM1117 3.3V regulator) then it is working fine, but in case of coin cell(single coin cell with 3V) it drops the voltage....

I will once go through datasheet of both for current capacity....

But i m having doubt that how it works in CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit using coin cell battery???it is also of 3V, but the make is maxim.....

0 Likes

Hi,

When you use coin cell, the application is supposed to run in low power mode. Please refer the application note below and the corresponding code examples those come along with it. It explains how low power can be obtained in detail by providing code examples.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an92584-designing-low-power-and-estimating-b...

Also, please check your schematic too. You can compare your schematic with CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit schematic or you can attach the schematic to the thread so that we can review it.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes