About the OTA by using "Day025_BLE_Over_The_Air_Update" example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tested the OTA function by using the example "Day025_BLE_Over_The_Air_Update" in the "100_Projects_in_100_Days" on the CY8CKIT-042-BLE, and I followed the steps in the included PDF document to build this example project in PSOC Creator 3.3.

But I got an error message : "EVT_AUTH_FAILED: 5",

the failed reason #5 is "CYBLE_GAP_AUTH_ERROR_PAIRING_NOT_SUPPORTED",

How can I fix this error ?

Thanks!!

Aaron Deng

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Aaron: one more thing you will need to set the #define LED_AVD_Color to Green for the first compile then you change it to Blue to see that the program was uploaded follow this in the ble over the air  PDF file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Aaron: Please send us your program as it is right now.  I know it is #25 but some kind of error may have may have been made or some of the files may be corrupt.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bobgoar,

I have attached the #25 example I tested as a ZIP file, and it additionally included 2 PNG files that are the screen-shot of "Bootloader Host" and "Debug Message on PuTTY".

Thanks!!

Aaron Deng

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Aaron I am working on your project and I did get the same errors as you did.  I also loaded the original program and it gave the same errors not able to find communication port.  I should have an answer next week to this issue.  I did find the PDF file hard to follow and it doesn't give you a step by step process for this application.  I have forwarded the program to Cypress for their help.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Aaron: Sorry for the time it took to get an answer from Cypress engineers.  The main issue was in the Gap Security settings it should have been set to unauthenticated pairing with encryption. You need to do this in both the bootloader and bootloadable sections of the program. This is the Bluetooth  component under configurations and then GAP settings then security.  I am sending you the working program. 

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Aaron: one more thing you will need to set the #define LED_AVD_Color to Green for the first compile then you change it to Blue to see that the program was uploaded follow this in the ble over the air  PDF file.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bobgoar, 

Thank you for your kindly help. ^^

Aaron Deng

0 Likes