4200_BLE not using bluetooth

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tars
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have a design with PSOC 4200 BLE device but I am not using any of the bluetooth functionality.  I am looking for some guidance on what to do with the unused Bluetooth related pins.

Is it best to leave the antenna open or connected to ground?

Does VDDR need power?

I am using the internal oscillator.  Does a 24MHz External Crystal Oscillator (ECO) still need to be connected if the radio is not used?  Is it ok to leave these pins open or connect to ground?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

1. If RF pin is not used, then please put a 50 ohm shunt on the Antenna pin. Put the shunt resistance on Antenna pin to GND.

2. If BLE is not used, then power supply is not required to VDDR.

3. External crystal Oscillator(ECO) is not required if BLE is not used. You can disable the ECO from the Clocks tab and ECO pins can be left open.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

1. If RF pin is not used, then please put a 50 ohm shunt on the Antenna pin. Put the shunt resistance on Antenna pin to GND.

2. If BLE is not used, then power supply is not required to VDDR.

3. External crystal Oscillator(ECO) is not required if BLE is not used. You can disable the ECO from the Clocks tab and ECO pins can be left open.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes