problems with I2C CY8CMBRS108

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LiDi_4675611
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have some problems with the I2C Communication. I try to implement a communication between µC and CapSense IC. The I2C SCL clock frequency is initialized at 100kHz and current the µC waits 2s before it starts the communication. Also I try 350ms or 1s or 15ms or 915ms(T_I2CBoot and TBOOT_SYS). But always the CapSense IC sends NACK.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I am assuming you are talking about CY8CMBR3108 (MBR3).

MBR3 chips has deep-sleep mode to reduce the power consumption. The I2C communication is used to wake-up the MBR3 chip and MBR3 chip returns a NACK to the I2C communication.

GS004718.png

It is described in the datasheet as follows.

The CY8CMBR3xxx controller is expected to NACK the address match event if it is in the low-power state (during any of the operational states – Deep Sleep, Look-for-Touch, Look-for-Proximity, or Active). The controller wakes up from the low-power state on an address match but sends NACK until it transitions into the Active state and, on for the first transaction, in the active state. When the device NACKs a transaction the host is expected to retry the transaction until it receives an ACK.

So, please try to send a dummy I2C transaction to wake-up the MBR3 chip, then send READ and/or WRITE I2C packets.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I am assuming you are talking about CY8CMBR3108 (MBR3).

MBR3 chips has deep-sleep mode to reduce the power consumption. The I2C communication is used to wake-up the MBR3 chip and MBR3 chip returns a NACK to the I2C communication.

GS004718.png

It is described in the datasheet as follows.

The CY8CMBR3xxx controller is expected to NACK the address match event if it is in the low-power state (during any of the operational states – Deep Sleep, Look-for-Touch, Look-for-Proximity, or Active). The controller wakes up from the low-power state on an address match but sends NACK until it transitions into the Active state and, on for the first transaction, in the active state. When the device NACKs a transaction the host is expected to retry the transaction until it receives an ACK.

So, please try to send a dummy I2C transaction to wake-up the MBR3 chip, then send READ and/or WRITE I2C packets.

Regards,

Noriaki