S25FL128S SPI No Response

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
muya_3982216
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on S25FS128S SPI. I don't get SPI response back from the Flash device. I use Single Bit Data mode.  CS, CLK, MTSR signals are good. I send RDID (0x9F/0x00/0x00/0x00). I don't receive 3 bytes of device id. MRST pin has no signal. It is my first time to work on the device. I am not sure if the device is in good condition or not. How can I verify that the device is in good condition? Are there some ways to identify whether the problem is from HW or SW?

0 Likes
1 Solution

H Apurva,

Thank you for your help. The issue has been solved. It turns out that the Configuration tool had a bug which made SPI mode incorrect.

Thanks,

Mu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Mu Yan,

Could you please let me know which part are you using exactly? Is it FL-S or FS-S? Please mention the full part number.

I am not sure which is the MTSR/MRST signals. Could you please let me know the full name of these signals?

Thanks and Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes

Hi Apurva,

Here is the information of the flash device:

FL128SABF01 / 631QQ002 A / @11 Spansion

I use the flash device as a SPI slave. MTSR is the flash device pin #15 (SI/IO0) and MRST is the flash device pin #8 (SO/IO1). The flash device pin #8 (SO/IO1) has no response signal. I use SPI clock mode 0.

Thanks,

Mu

0 Likes

Hi Mu Yan,

How many devices are showing this behavior?

Could you try to connect a high kOhm pull-up/pull-down resistance (like 4.7kOhm or 10kOhm) to the SO pin and check if the SO pin is getting driven by the device or not?

Could you also provide us with wave forms CS#, CLK, SO and SI signals?

Thanks and Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes

H Apurva,

Thank you for your help. The issue has been solved. It turns out that the Configuration tool had a bug which made SPI mode incorrect.

Thanks,

Mu

0 Likes